- Woman behind an iconic protest photo shares her story
- The Science of Your Racist Brain
- Protests continue despite storm (x) (x) (x) (x) (x)
- Another video from the Justice for Mike Brown Rally in DC
- Still no explanation for why “Support Darren Wilson” page was shut down
- Time for real change in Ferguson and beyond
- Only way Darren Wilson’s gun could have been wrestled over is if he had it already pulled out (x)
- America’s law enforcement needs greater accountability
i think when mai asks katara how does she expect to fight without her bending, that reveals more about mai’s perspective as a nonbender to other benders (most specifically azula).
like the fire nation prized and upheld firebending (one could ask, has there other been a non-bending firelord?) and…
Imagine your OTP stuck in an elevator after they’ve had a fight.
I Have No Plot But I Know Which Groceries These Characters Would Buy: A Tale of Misplaced Priorities
in my head they are bffs. lots of double dates with katara/aang and mai/zuko.
i also like imagining that they were a political power house especially when they were older—
like legend of korra seems to think that republic city was primarily zuko and aang, but i kind of want to know what the ladies were dong politically you know what i mean.
disregard the comics! when i rewatched the series at 22, i actually found myself identifying more with katara. which is interesting, bc both characters have a lot of anger, but mai holds it in and katara shows it.
oh yes, i disregard the comics i’m just nope nah didn’t happen
your comment reminds me that i wish more than anything we had seen mai and katara becoming friends.
i absolutely adore mai. i remember really identifying with her the 1st time I watched AtLA, because I was like 16 and in my angsty/angry teen phase.
i still really identified with mai the first time i watched atla at the age of 25. i don’t know what that says about me lol but i just really love mai she’s amazing i want her to be happy and loved.